2008-07-30

Cassandra's Dream


Release Year: 2008
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Colin Farrell, Tom Wilkinson, Sally Hawkins, Hayley Atwell
Directed by: Woody Allen
Written by: Woody Allen
IMDB: 6.9 (8,897 votes)
RT: 51% (90 reviews)
Metacritic: 49 (31 reviews)

I found it a bit hard to watch this one. The flow was rather slow, so slow that I almost fell asleep. Colin Farrell played well, though. In fact, I believe he performed better than Ewan McGregor here. The supporting cast were also great, and probably the only weakness of this movie was in its pace.

The plot was rather similar to Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead and some other movies where small problem escalated into a fatal one. Yes, there was the twist in the end and that’s what I like from any movie. Unlike Before the Devil Knows, there would be minimum action involved here, and that most of the movie would be spent on exploring the characters’ motivation and the implications of what they’ve commited.

Overall, this movie was fair, well played, but with lack of suspense. I think this ought to be a story with a suspense, and not purely a drama. For the final score, I gave it a 6.5.

0 comments: