2008-07-12

The Bank Job

I first saw Jason Statham in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. I think that was the first time I felt that British movies are great. After that I saw Snatch, and then Mean Machine, Transporter 1 and 2, and then Crank. This one was equally enjoyable, but honestly, I like Lock, Stock, Snatch and Mean Machine.



Okay, back to the Bank Job, the story itself was based on actual event, although the characters’ names have been changed. The adaptation was good, though. As for the cast, they were good, but the acting was not that powerful.

In the end, however, the movie was enjoyable enough, but it could have been better. And for the final score, I gave it a 6.5.

2 comments:

Jacstev said...

Like this film also, even it still below Statham's Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. But if compare to The Transporter or Crank, The Bank Job's story is definitely more powerful.

E.F. said...

@jaccstev Transporter and Crank lacked of interesting characters because they were all about Statham. Lock Stock and Mean Machine were like multi-flavored ice cream while Crank and Transporter were simply single-flavored ones. Thanks for the comments, I believe we live at the same country.