2008-06-23

In Bruges

You know, I've seen tons of movies, and because I'm somewhat being picky, I mostly find it hard to give a good rating to a movie. But for "In Bruges", I'd say it's brilliant. It reminds me of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, but the power of the movie is emphasized in the dialogues. A hilarious dark comedy, it also slightly similar with No Country For Old Men, where a tiny circumstance could twist the entire destiny. I don't like to give spoilers, so going straight to the rating, I'd give a 9 for the plot, 8 for the design (combining the seemingly peaceful Bruges to a violent comedy is actually great), while for the acting it should deserve a 9 (the characters fit the cast perfectly, from the depressed Ray, somewhat repentant Ken, and nasty Harry). Overall, it's a great film.

Why didn't we just go to Disneyland? This place is a shithole. I want Mickey Mouse!
Shut up, Ray. Just enjoy the view, OK? Besides, I thought you hate Americans.

Score:

Acting: 9
Design: 8
Plot: 9

Overall: 8.5

0 comments: