2008-08-24

Forgetting Sarah Marshall


Release Year: 2008
Starring: Jason Segel, Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Russell Brand, Bill Hader, Paul Rudd
Directed by: Nick Stoller
Written by: Jason Segel and Judd Apatow
IMDB: 7.7 (28,310 votes)
RT: 85% (155 reviews)
Metacritic: 67 (37 reviews)

My personal opinion about this movie is that it’s just yet another comedy movie. The story is somewhat a bit unique, but not that great. A guy got dumped by his girl, went on vacation, found someone new (and someone old), felt uncertain later, then after that uncertainty was over, happy ending ensued.

Although this is supposed to be a comedy, I found myself lacked in laughing at the scenes. Perhaps it was just me or something else. Anyway, I must say Jason Segel a bit overdid his role as Peter Bretter. I felt not sympathy for him, but instead, I felt that his behavior was pathetic for a man being dumped by a woman. I guess the movie also attempted to parody the CSI TV show by putting Crime Scene: Scene of Crime stuff in the movie. William Baldwin made some appearances there. However, I felt that most of the humor in the entire movie were not funny at all.

On the other hand, I think the most interesting character here was Aldous Snow, played by Russell Brand. Great play by Russell. He really showed that carefree attitude and while at the same time he managed to make me like the character, not because of the accent, though.

The rest of the cast were not impressive at all, I’d say. Kristen Bell was just so-so while she’s supposed to be the devil (just like what Peter told her later in the movie) in the story. Mila Kunis and Bill Hader were also failed to impress.

Final score: 5.0.
blog comments powered by Disqus