2008-10-01

Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour


Release Year: 2007
Starring: Rissa Walters, Alessandra Daniele, Brian Comrie, Dan Comrie.
Directed by: Lisa Comrie
Written by: John Comrie
IMDB: 3.5 (217 votes)
RT: 0% (8 reviews)
Metacritic: 30 (5 reviews)

Zero at Tomatometer says it all. Even until now I still feel clueless about what was it all about. There’s no horror in the movie at all. Perhaps it’s more horrifying to feel that way.

First of all, the title itself didn’t fit the film. With the stuff like “and the Paranormal Hour” attached to it, I thought “every time” that hour comes, there should be something “horrifying” happens. But, it was a dud, I guess.

I guess the story could have been a better one, but the acting was awful, or more suitably, awkward. No wonder, though, because I read somewhere that it was Rissa Walters’ debut performance. The rest of the cast were also delivered some awkward performance. As acting is supposed to be the soul of a film, this one lacked of it, that’s why the entire flick suffered from it.

At the end of the movie, it was suggested that there would be a sequel (well, the poster was also said "the first"), but from what I’ve read from the net after I saw the movie, the movie’s inability to win the viewers’ favors had perhaps put the Sarah’s adventure to rest. For now, I guess. I don’t know if in the future there would be someone crazy enough trying to resurrect the character.

Anyways, I was totally disappointed with the movie, so I’d give it just 1.0 for the final score.

blog comments powered by Disqus